Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Campo



The sun cut down over the cobble roads, the vendors sold, scooters buzzed by. I woke up, walked from my apartment to a place I’ve never been, a scene like a painting, and I swear I’ve never seen so many gorgeous people men and women alike. What a dream. The heat rose but that Roman breeze took me to the God’s steps. It was warm and motherly, and I knew then that everything was okay. The smells intensified, voices of the angelic Romans rose like a choir wrapping every trickling edge of the town square. Beauty never stops, it never relents, it just goes on and on, completely breaking any preconceived ideas. I know it works, but I don’t want to know, how or why, it would take the truth from it, the colors wouldn’t be as bright, and sounds not so real. Beauty is real, yet it’s temporary, and only in moments, but that will never stop me from attempting to wrap myself around it every waking moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment