Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Friday Night, 4:17 AM

I never met her, I mean really never have, maybe never will
But I feel as if I know her, I can imagine it in my mind
“Whiskey split with water, please, Vodka cranberry for her”
“You have another one of those? I have my own light”
The one to drive down the highway with no destination, dance in the desert sun, get lost in the dark, run from reality, rolling down the coast -- to feel the sun’s gaze, not needing to say anything to one another
Sending letters in the mail because, “nobody else does anymore”
Claiming records are still the only, “true way to enjoy music”
In every photo ever taken she always looked slightly over her shoulder, shooting a look you really can’t explain,
Maybe it was the distance that never made her real
I’ll see you someday
Maybe you’ll see me
An airport, a bar, a place, city
Always wearing her golden hair tied up, draped in colorful cloth, huge bug-eyed sunglasses, and those 70s styled boot fit jeans
She says she wants to see the Seattle skyline 
“I think I’d love it, I think I’d never want to leave”
Taking a long drag -- exhaling, looking into my eyes, putting on her sunglasses, and walking away as if she wasn’t ever there
Leaving me sleeping with my doubts 


No comments:

Post a Comment