Sunday, April 6, 2014

A Reflection


I would go out to the waterfront almost every evening during the summer. Just to watch the sun drop and the moon appear. The moon would appear and the sun would set and the moons reflection would dance off of the dancing water and the sands heat would dwindle, but it was okay because it was summer and the air would be warm with a slight breeze. Summers on the coast always reminded me of my childhood. Going out in the cool night to see the ocean’s beautiful chaos. But she was with me these times. When I was younger it would just be me on the waterfront watching the dancing water and moon. She was with me now and we’d sit back in the salt of the earth and watch the beautiful disarray dance of the moon and the ocean. The stars too, the stars so bright and magical this far from the city’s accidental drowning of them. You’d think that the sight of the waterfront and the dancing of the moon would’ve come to some consistency, but they never have and never will. The dancing moon laughed down at the water and the water laughed back at it, dancing together in some form of harmony. A harmony I don’t know, but I wish to understand. I looked over at her, she engrossed in the chaotic beauty of the ocean. “It doesn’t get old does it?” I asked.

She replied a few moments later, “no it doesn’t, it really doesn’t”. We sat there together for an unknown amount of time, watching the beautiful dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment